Dr. Günter Strittmatter
I combine experience and skills in both the academic and the industrial realms of Research and Development. My understanding of their differing approaches and potentials enables me to contribute to the realization of mutually beneficial relationships and to the creation of economically valuable innovations on the basis of science.
Expertise / Experience
A comprehensive network of experts in various fields supports my consultation of clients.
We provide strategic and operational planning of research programs and research projects.
- Strategy development: strategic goals, analysis of competitive environment, SWOT analysis, strategic initiatives, action points
- Operational planning: resources, milestones, deliveries, timelines, controlling, reporting
We analyze trends and developments in science and business, and make the results a basis for the planning of R & D programs and organizations that aim at economically valuable innovations.
- Strategic and economic evaluation of science and business developments/trends
- Due Dilligence processes
We advise on planning, building up or re-structuring of research organizations, in order to reach strategic goals in R & D.
- Analysis of resource and infrastructural needs, including personnel
- Adjustment to given framework conditions
- Proposal of organizational structures
We assist in securing the funding of research programs and projects.
- Identifying opportunities for external funding
- Application for external funding
We facilitate successful technology transfer.
- Identifying research results and technologies with relevance for the development of novel products and processes in industry
- Finding licensees and licensors
- Contract negotiations
We support and mediate the establishment and management of public-private partnerships and of cooperations between companies.
- Identifying mutually beneficial fields for cooperation
- Finding cooperation partners
- Contract negotiation
- Cooperation/project controlling
We work with start-up founders.
- Identifying research results or technologies with potential for foundation of start-ups
- Building foundation teams
- Development of business plans
- Finding partners
We coach in professional career planning.
- Profiling of personal capabilities and interests
- Identifying career opportunities
- Support in job application
- Support in professional change processes
- Marketing of scientists
Since 2013R & D Consultant
1998 – 2013Head of Research and Development (KWS SAAT SE, Einbeck, Germany)
Since 1997Teaching Genetics at the University of Cologne
1997Venia legendi in Genetics awarded by the University of Cologne
1996 – 1998Deputy Head of Research and Development (KWS SAAT SE, Einbeck, Germany)
1995 – 1996Program Manager (Plant Genetic Systems, Gent, Belgium)
1988 – 1995Group Leader (Max-Planck-Institute for Plant Breeding Research, Cologne, Germany)
1986 – 1988Postdoctoral Fellow (The Rockefeller University, New York, USA)
1985Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics (University of Freiburg, Germany)
1974 – 1982Academic education in biology and chemistry (University of Freiburg, Germany)
Let’s talk and work together
Dr. Günter Strittmatter
Molderamweg 3 · 37574 Einbeck, Germany
Phone: +49 175 2458056